So, you’ve booked your trip with us, and now you’re packing up and preparing to spend a nice relaxing vacation with family and friends! We’re here to help you when it comes to the details of your Safari Village glamping experience. Check out the most-asked questions below as well as our advice along the way!
Let’s talk food…
The lions aren’t the only ones who get hangry, we know.
When it comes to food, you have a few options! Whether you’re wanting to plan your own meals and do the cooking or save the time and effort, we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you can expect:
- Camp Verde is a short, 12-min. drive, and Cottonwood closer to 20 min. You can plan on grocery shopping at these locations if you’d like! Or you can take advantage of their various restaurant options and forget the cooking!
- If you choose to purchase an Out of Africa park ticket, you’ll have access to the snack bar and cafe in the park for yummy food options!
- We also have a shared camp kitchen where you can access small refrigerators and a one-burner propane grill. Please plan on bringing your own utensils! One bonus to our individual tent sites is the use of your own ice chest. (Be sure to pick up some ice before you get here!) Please note our propane fire pits are reserved for roasting marshmallows rather than cooking.
Where to park
You’ll receive a pass to place on your dashboard for access to parking at the Out of Africa parking lot, which is a short distance to the glamping sites!
While you have the freedom to come and go as needed, please note the gates to the park close at 5 PM, and you’ll need to contact your camp host if you need them opened.
Besides the joy of being surrounded by nature and the sounds of wildlife, we have even more activities to keep you busy and having fun during your stay.
- Comfy hammocks are accessible to our guests (BYOBook)
- Giant Jenga
- Wifi available for light use (not suited for streaming videos or large downloads)
We are certain you will have such a fun and unique experience, so we can’t wait to hear about your favorite part! You can find additional answers to your questions on our FAQ page!