The Safari Village is looking for weekly camp hosts beginning this fall. We’re looking for hosts to commit to one week a month (or more if desired). Camp is typically open from Thursday afternoons to Tuesday midday and closed Tuesday & Wednesday evenings. Camp hosts have their own onsite living space during their weekly shift.
The Safari Village Camp Host is the onsite face of the Waypoint Outposts brand. The Camp Host is responsible for ensuring guests have a pleasant experience while assisting with questions and needs guests may have during their stay. The Camp Host is responsible for keeping the property cleaned and sanitized as well as ensuring the property is stocked with necessary supplies.
- Check-in all guests, take payments as applicable & show guests to their tents.
- Act as point of contact while guests are onsite via the google voice number. This includes responding to text messages, phone calls and voicemails.
- Let guests on and off the property by opening the gates between 6pm-8am.
- Change bedding and towels in all tents after guests leave. Prepare tents for new guests including cleaning the tents and adding cots when necessary.
- Drop off and pick up laundry as necessary to ensure enough linens are clean and on the property.
- Restock kitchen when items run low, including but not limited to: cutlery, plates, cups, coffee, snacks, etc…
- Clean showers/bathrooms
- Restock propane as needed
- Keep Waypoint Outposts team informed of any camp issues or concerns
Preferred Job Skills & Requirements:
- Outgoing personality
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Ability to use critical thinking to resolve issues
- Self-starter & able to complete job duties without supervision
- Has transportation to run errands
- This is a 1099 position
- $650/week (5 nights)